Twelfth Night act 3 scene 1

I try not to listen to song lyrics. They annoy me by their silliness, or confuse me if I try to extract meaning from their meaningless twitter. I excuse opera and Lieder because with them I get to practice a language other than English, but they're every bit as bad as popular music.

One song I've particularly enjoyed lately (and I don't care to ask Google how far behind the times this makes me; I think it's a couple of years old now) is a vocal trance version of Mario Lopez' "Blind". I thought the lyrics went (in their entirety) "Because you can't turn a drop of water // Into an ocean".

This, I thought, was a very succinct way of putting the point made by Viola in Twelfth Night:

VIOLA I pity you.

OLIVIA That's a degree to love.

VIOLA No, not a grize; for 'tis a vulgar proof,
That very oft we pity enemies.

(I was embarrassed to find myself at a concert the other week talking about the instrument the viola using the pronunciation of the Shakespeare heroine Viola. I'm used to using the operatic pronunciation of Desdemona, but this is worse!)

Anyway, Google says I'm wrong. Google thinks it's can, not can't. It's not sure though, with only a handful of matches in 4.2 billion pages.

I'm not sure what "Because you can turn a drop of water // Into an ocean" is supposed to mean. Maybe they meant "in to" instead? Or maybe we're supposed to take it literally, and picture Ray Mears making practical use of osmosis.

This is what I meant about confusing myself. I can't help but get sucked in to the exegesis.

I wonder if there's a self-help group?